Thursday, January 18, 2007

i'm not a doctor but i did stay at the mont joli last night

I am in Haiti, at the moment writing on a borrowed laptop, sitting in the open air courtward of the Mont Joli hotel, taking in the breeze. Our team has a day of work yet, and then we take the little bird (Lynx Airlines) and then the big bird (USAir) back to Charlotte.

The week has been another good one, and if you want to know more about what we do right now please access one of the Haiti links to the right. The team has been pretty cohesive. We have seen some really sick people in the medical clinic; I have done vital signs with persons with HIV and saw a man who I am sure had malaria this morning. We work with a very strong and faithful group of Haitians, and it is nice to renew friendships with them. I preached at the Cap Haitien Methodist Church on Sunday; I have now done this three years in a row.


I miss my family, and also Providence Church. And yet the work feels worthwhile: God uses the physicians here to bring healing to people undergoing extraordinary suffering, mostly because they were born on a particular place on the earth, and this ministry is a gift in the name of Christ, the healer, and the church. It really is a great place to be, and I am blessed to be a part of it.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home