Thursday, October 26, 2006

a way of life in the world: study questions

My book, A Way of Life In The World, continues to be used in a number of different places. I recently have become aware that it is being used in a variety of settings: a residency in ordained ministry group, an adult Sunday School class, a new member orientation class, and a seminary class (at Duke Divinity School). For this I am grateful. My hope had been that it would serve as a resource not only for individuals but also for small groups. On Monday evening I will be sharing some of the material with a group convened by my friend Ron Robinson at Wofford College.

A group of study questions that might be useful in small group settings has recently been posted on the Valparaiso Institute website, Practicing Our Faith. A Way of Life In The World is an exploration of six basic practices that are at the heart of United Methodist Christianity: searching the scripture, generosity with the poor, singing, testimony, small groups, and Holy Communion. Copies are available through Abingdon Press, Cokesbury or
Amazon.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home